We are the leading mathematical equation editing, formatting, search, and accessibility software vendor in the world. Building on that solid platform, we are creating a web-based infrastructure for the creation, search, and exchange of mathematical meaning for applications and websites.
We are looking for an A+ Product Manager with the relationship skills to gather customer and market needs, the technical skills to develop requirements to meet those needs, and the business judgment to drive revenue growth.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of modern publishing systems
- Good understanding of how XML is used within content production and education systems
- Knowledge of MathML and its use in industry and software is a plus
- General principles of software product and user interface design
- Knowledge of cloud-based services and SaaS concepts
- Highly communicative, with strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge seeker, up on technology
- Critical thinker
- Comfortable working with scientists and engineers (no math-phobes please)
- College degree required
What's in it for you?
In addition to a great salary and excellent benefits, there's Bagel Monday,
fresh fruit and soft drinks every day all day, monthly birthday celebrations,
holiday BBQs, Gold's Gym and CrossFit memberships, Long Beach Grand Prix 1 block
away, happy hour sometimes, and respect.
Send your resume and and cover letter to
About Design Science
Design Science is a worldwide leader in software for scientific and technical
communication. The company’s MathType, MathFlow and MathPlayer products are used
by scientists, engineers, educators, students, and publishing professionals, for
authoring and publishing mathematical notation in print and online content. DSI
also licenses components and technology to OEM partners who want to math-enable
their own products, and aggressively research new products and technologies,
particularly those that extend our commanding lead in MathML technology.
Mon, 18 May 2015